2018 CLAAS of America, Inc. 800TH
Call for Price
CLAAS of America, Inc.
A wider spread.
With the VOLTO tedder range, CLAAS delivers modern technology in working widths of 17 - 42.6 ft (4.5 to 13.0 m) with trailed or three-point linkage attachment.
- A wider spread – the MAX SPREAD crop flow concept
- Maintenance-free power transmission with PERMALINK finger clutch
- CKL: Greater comfort on the job, thanks to CLAAS power drawbar
- Dependable ground tracking, thanks to additional castor guide wheel
- Clean field edges and consistent drying, thanks to edge-tedding crop guard
- Model: 800TH
- Working width: 25 ft. 3 in. (8.20 m)
- Rotors: 6
- Arms per Rotor: 7
- Hitch: Drawbar
- MAX SPREAD: x
MAX SPREAD Crop Flow Concept
- Excellent: The MAX SPREAD crop flow concept is characterised by the tangential linkage of the tines. The 29.3° trailed geometry brings great improvement to the crop flow. This, in turn, facilitates higher working rates and an improved spread pattern, and also ensures that the crop is handled extremely gently.
- Wide crop intake: Thanks to the trailed tine connection of the MAX SPREAD crop flow concept, the tines are always positioned facing or crosswise to the direction of travel as the crop is taken up. By contrast, in conventional designs, the tines operate opposed to the direction of travel in the latter half of the intake area, thus limiting the forward speed. By comparison, the tines of the MAX SPREAD crop flow concept work for 33 percent longer, facing or crosswise to the direction of travel. With MAX SPREAD, therefore, higher working speeds or operations at a reduced engine speed are possible.
- Gentle crop transfer: Since the tines are always positioned at right angles to the crop during intake, they are able to deflect to the rear in the direction of the tine winding. This offers the advantage over conventional systems that the crop flows between the rotors in an almost perfectly straight line. This creates greater space for the crop during passage, creating the ideal conditions for enhanced throughput and exceptionally gentle handling of the forage. MAX SPREAD technology therefore also allows for the tedding of leafy crop types such as alfalfa at reduced engine speeds.
- Maximum spread: The 29.3° trailed connection also has a positive impact on crop delivery. Like the trailed spreading blades of a fertilizer spreader, this ensures a wider and more even distribution of the harvested crop for an optimal spread pattern. This fertilizer spreader effect is further supported by tine tension release in the direction of the winding. This additional stimulus allows the crop to be spread over a full working width.
- Drawbar Easy. CLAAS tough: The VOLTO 800 TH delivers all of the performance of our VOLTO 800, with the added convenience of a straight-forward drawbar design. The ingenious folding mechanism on the VOLTO 800 combines a large working width of 25.3 ft (7.7 m) with a low transport height. It's the perfect companion for 9.8 ft (3 m) wide mowers and for heavy silage work. You can ted three big swaths cleanly and without running over the crop.
- It takes on every job: Six-rotor tedder with seven tine holders per rotor. Drive shaft with overload protection. Maintenance-free, hermetically sealed rotor transmission. PERMALINK drive system. Extra-wide balloon tires on rotor chassis for reliable ground-contour following and high-accuracy tedding. Warning signs and lighting as standard.
- Comfort features galore: Hydraulic headland lifting as standard. Sturdy, easily foldable rest bar for secure parking. Perimeter spreading in a perfectly straight line right along the edge of the field, without inclining the entire machine, using either the mechanically or hydraulically folding crop guard
- Working Width
- 25 ft. 3 in. (8.20 m)
- Number of Rotors